Hokie Passport Account (General Debit Funds) vs. Flex Additions / Dining Dollars
There are two types of accounts into which you can deposit funds on your Hokie Passport card:
1. Flex Additions or Dining Dollars can only be used in Virginia Tech Dining Services dining centers. When you deposit money to this account, it will automatically go to either Flex Additions or Dining Dollars depending on the type of dining plan you have.
- Flex Additions
- Students with a Major, Mega, or Premium flex dining plan are eligible for Flex Additions.
- 50% discount in à la carte dining centers and 67% discount in the D2 all-you-care-to-eat dining center.
- Dining Dollars
- Students with a minor dining plan or no dining plan are eligible for Dining Dollars.
- Employees may also use Dining Dollars but don't recieve a discount.
- Students receive a 5% discount in all dining centers.
2. Hokie Passport Account (General Debit Funds) can be used by Students and Employees for:
- residential vending machines
- laundry facilities
- print labs
- campus bookstores
- dining centers
- numerous retail locations on and off campus.